Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!



You all should consider yourselves lucky! There are two reasons that I am updating this post for the second time in less than a week. The first is that I am attempting to delay writing a literature review for a research paper. Unfortunately, this is due on Wednesday and I have a lot of work to do on it. Secondly and more importantly, I am off of work today due to a snow day!! YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!! SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up bright and early this morning and helped Char brush off her car, saw her off to work, came inside, watched some Sportscenter, welcomed Char back home due to the fact that the road conditions were deemed too dangerous by her to journey into work, then took the dogs on walks.







I decided to take some pictures of the snow and let y'all see what shuts down this city. So here you go.....



Roxie and I went to the park. I took pictures of stuff...
...she played in the snow.

This sign is a part of the playground at the park. Pretty cool.


I thought this view of the snow covered slide was pretty neat.
This tree is in front of our house, it usually stands taller than the top of the first floor windows.

The snow was pretty deep, but the fact that it rained all day yesterday before it started to snow made it impossible for the roads to be ready for this morning's commute.
This is our street, as you can see, it was not (and still is not) plowed
Tons of businesses and practically all schools/colleges/churches/government offices are closed. I was actually walking around and thinking that if this snow had hit Cleveland, it would have just been cleaned up early in the morning and everyone would be working today, thinking that it would be nice to have a snow day.



Our snowy house

2 comments:

Joshua said...

I'm jealous. Unfortunately, here in Chicago, they don't shut down for anything, nor do they bother to plow most of the roads. So, it looks like you shouldn't be driving, but then you realize... yeah, you're driving.

Ugh. Fortunately for me, I walk to school every day, so I don't ever have to worry about the driving conditions. Anyway, I'm glad you had the day off. Now get working on that paper. Slacker.

Tim and Deane said...

That is an amazing amount of snow for Richmond. Actually, I'm rather surprised you got that much.

I'll bet your dogs thought they were back in heaven.