Sunday, October 27, 2013

On the Blog Again

I am Blogging Again?  Yes, I believe I am.  My friend Zac has inspired me to resume this form of social media and impact the world with my limitless wisdom and wit.  This first post will serve as my welcome back, as well as my effort to prove to others (and myself) that hashtagging is the ridiculous trend that we will make fun of ourselves for six years from now.  The following is a brief list of trends, ideas, etc that were once embraced, adored, celebrated, and maybe even idolized.  I think most will agree that they are now part of the pop-cultural phenomena i will term "The Ridiculous Crap for Which We Now Make Fun of Ourselves/Others."  Enjoy:

  • rat tails/mullets
  • "Hasta la vista, baby."
  • French cuffed jeans
  • laser disc players
  • New Coke
  • Snooki, J-Woww (how many w's?), The Situation, Paulie D...
  • beanie babies
  • planking
  • moonwalking
  • cartoon character tattoos
  • all of the Ernest movies
  • Garbage Pail Kids
  • Zubaz
  • disco
  • fat, Caucasian, middle aged guys in Tap Out shirts
  • hood ornaments on necklaces
  • Ricky Martin
  • hipsters
  • Winger, warrant, Ratt...
  • breakdancing
  • The XFL
  • Z Cavariccis
  • Punky Brewster shoes
  • Cabbage Patch doll craziness of '85
  • Skidz
  • Hanson "mmmm bop, shoooby dop dop."
  • Ed Hardy shirts
  • Vanilla Ice
  • "Wazzuuup?"
  • Kevin Bacon dance fighting in a warehouse
  • acid washed jeans
  • "That's hot."
  • Charlie Sheen's Tornado of Truth tour/tiger blood/cocaine infused pubic megameltdown
So, the next time you hashtag something, ask yourself, do I really want my kids to look on the internet in 15 years and see that I placed a pound sign in front of  a phrase like "gimmesumuvdat" under a picture of a piece of cake, an ice cream cone, some money, a good looking female/male, or anything else?

1 comment:

Zac said...

I appreciate your personal vendetta against hashtaging. Welcome back!